When you visit or access our website we collect certain information in different ways. This include information you provide directly to us as well as information collected automatically via cookies and similar technologies.
Information you provide directly to us
If you create a user account at the site, we will require you to provide certain personally identifiable information including your name and email. If you submit product advertising inquiries or contact us directly, please note that you may be submitting to us certain personal information and we advise you to take precautions when doing so.
Information collected automatically
Our website’s server automatically logs certain data about when a user visits or accesses the site (usage data). This data or information may include your computer’s Internet Protocol address, the type and operating system of your device, type and version of the browser used to access the site, the URL that referred you to our site, pages views and duration of stay on the site, the time and date of visit, as well as other analytical data.
Cookies and Similar technologies
- What are cookies: A cookie is small text file that a website places in cookie file of your browser when you visit the site. Cookies help to remember users and make their next visit to the site personalized and useful. They also make our website to function efficiently. If you visit our website, we may place different kinds of cookies in your device and such cookies can be “session” or “persistent” cookies.
- Sessions cookies are temporary and are only in use when a user is browsing the site. They automatically disappear when you exit your browser. Persistent cookies can stay in your browser’s cookie file for a longer term. We use session cookies to remember user actions and make user experience easier and useful. Session cookies for example help to remember products you have added to the shopping cart or your log in credentials to keep you logged in while navigating different sections of the site. This way you can avoid having to log in onto the site all over again every time you navigate a different page.
- We use persistent cookies to understand how users use our website, the specific pages that users choose to view and store user preferences for future visits. For example, persistent cookies remember your language preferences, bookmarks or favourites and offer you a faster, personalized and useful access to the site on your future visit. Where cookies constitute personal information in terms of the EU GDPR, we will process cookie data on the basis of your consent.
- Controlling cookies: Please note that you can manage cookies by configuring your browser’s settings to accept, block, or delete cookies. You can block all cookies or only from third parties. You can also clear cookies after your browsing session. We rely on some cookies for our website to function properly. If you delete or block all cookies from our site, you may not be able to save your preferences and certain parts of the site may not work properly.
- Web beacons and third party cookies: We allow third parties (like Google Analytics, Google AdSense and Facebook tags) collect certain anonymous information when you interact with our website. These companies may set third party cookies or web beacons to collect this information. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information including for example information relating to your click stream, browser type, or the ads clicked on the site. We also use these cookies for affiliate marketing purposes. They help to know if users purchase products through affiliate links on our site in which case Vivocool.com may receive affiliate commissions. We also use information generated by these technologies to serve ads about goods and services which may of interest to you.
- Legal grounds to lawfully process personal data: For EU /EEA residents, Vivocool.com will as a general policy seek to rely on particular lawful bases for personal data processing activities in accordance with the EU GDPR. We will only process such data for the specific purpose for which data was obtained or collected. Below are the legal grounds that we rely upon in particular circumstances for processing of particular personal data.
- Your consent: We will process certain personal data on the basis of your consent. This includes for example where you permit us to use your data for marketing purposes or transfer it to third party service providers.
- Contractual necessity: If you negotiate or enter into a contractual relationship with us, we will process your personal data as is necessary for entry into, or performance of, a contract with you or in order to take steps at your request prior to the entry into contact.
- Compliance with legal obligations: We may process your personal data to comply with any legal duty for which certain data need to be processed under EU law.
- Legitimate interest: To the extent that processing does not override your rights and freedoms, we may process your personal data as is necessary for the purpose of legitimate interest pursued by us or by our suppliers, affiliates contractors and service providers.
- Sharing and Disclosure: We do not share or disclose your information outside of Vivocool.com without your express and verifiable consent. Please note however that we may disclose your information for our business’ legitimate purposes such as mergers and acquisition, dispute resolution or exercise or defence of our legal rights. We may also disclose your personally identifiable information if we are required to do in compliance with a lawful request by law enforcement agencies or in response to a valid request by public authorities (e.g. court order) or in connection with fraud, crime or violation of our terms of service.
- Links to third party website: As an affiliate marketer, Vivocool.com features a wide range of links and content from websites, online retailers and product compendiums all of which are not owned or operated by us. In some case we may recommend products on those sites. These links are included for informational and convince purposes only. You should not consider our inclusion of these links as an endorsement or approval. If we include those links on the site, we are not making any warranty or representation that the products, services or content made available on those sites are reliable or secure, or that those sites will respect your privacy. Please review the privacy practices of external sites to understand how to protect your information online.
- Data Retention: Vivocool.com will only retain personal data for as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with any legal obligation. To the extent permitted by law we may retain your data in connection with request by law enforcement agencies, resolving disputes or claims, or in exercising and defending our legal rights. Vivocool.com will erase all data that is no longer needed. We may also retain certain data for internal analysis purposes. We retain such data for shorter period and to the extent necessary for improving the security and functionality of our website.
- Your Rights: If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have, in accordance with the EU GDPR, certain data protection rights with regard to personal information we hold about you in connection with the site. You have the right to access and control your information and where relevant withdraw your consent to further processing of personal data. You also have the right to correction and deletion of personal data where such data is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated. You also have the right to object or restrict the processing of certain data if processing of that particular data is illegal or unlawful. You also have the right to permit the portability of transfer of your data to other service providers.
- Data Security: We care about security of your personally identifiable information. Vivocool.com has adopted technical and organizational measures to ensure that personal information submitted on the site is and secure. Nevertheless, we do not guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security measures and accordingly we do not make any warranty of data security.
- Notice of breach: In the event of personal data breach may result in a great risk to your rights and freedoms, we may as soon as practicable notify you of the breach and provide you with information explaining the nature of the breach, contact information of our data protection officer as well as the likely consequences of that breach.
- This Policy was last updated on 25th July, 2021